Model 70 question

rsq219

Hello

i recently purchased a model 70 stainless featherweight with a synthetic stock. i was wondering if anyone could help me find some information on it. i would like to know the year made. the winchester page says 1981, but i believe it that it was made later than that. any help is appreciated. thank you

Donald

Donald,

Does your rifle have pre-64 style claw extractor on it or is it the push fed style?

I am not exactly sure, but I don't think Winchester made a stainless featherweight until the late 80's or early 90's.

Did you put your serial number in at this site:
Question #296, What year was my Winchester manufactured? (Serial Number Reference) -- Winchester Repeating Arms

I have 2 featherweights, and like them both very much. One is a push fed and the other is a FN Classic with the pre-64 big claw extractor. The FN is a stainless.

Bill

Hello

thank you for the reply. i did check that winchester list, and it says 1981, with my serial #. it is the pre 64 claw extractor.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.