Model 70 225 kwin

Was the 225 win built on a short action or a long action with the block in the magazine like some 243 were
From what I understand from an article in HandLoader by Layne Simpson Sept 22 19

"According to Model 70 guru Roger Rule, Winchester brought the .220 Swift back in 1964 in the "new" Model 70 Varmint, but it was replaced by the .225 Winchester during the very next year. The .22-250 Remington and the .222 Remington were added in 1967 and 1969, respectively. The poor .225 plodded from the starting gate, stumbled along for less than a year, and then bumped headlong into Remington's domestication of the .22-250 in 1965."

I'm pretty sure it was a Post 64 long action, I do remember one very good gunsmith customizing 1917 actions for the .225 Win in the mid 60's I had a chance to shoot one and it was a fabulous varmint rig, in a 26" barrel. Side note: the gunsmith also made .308 Norma Mags out of those actions, that one I did buy, love that cartridge, these days I'm sorry it went down the road, shot a couple of Elk with it a great performer.

As for actions, I don't think it really makes a difference long or short it works well in both, the follower is the key to reliable function.

Perhaps one of the cartridges I've always liked from afar, and never picked up, I wish I had.

Good luck Cheers.