moa scope options?Vortex, Ior

I have had the razor and PST.... still had problems with every vortex I have had. All the way down to the diamondback. /
I find that hard to believe. Your problems are probably rooted in a warped action of that Savage factory rifle. Vortex scopes are sensitive to crooked bases and rings that are not hand lapped. If your base is bedded level and your rings lapped, I bet them Vortex would have been just fine. Provided the shooter is doing his part and making consistent quality ammo.

There's many reasons I don't use Savage actions any more. The poor QC on scope mounting surfaces is one...

I have had the razor and PST.... still had problems with every vortex I have had. All the way down to the diamondback. /
I find that hard to believe. Your problems are probably rooted in a warped action of that Savage factory rifle. Vortex scopes are sensitive to crooked bases and rings that are not hand lapped. If your base is bedded level and your rings lapped, I bet them Vortex would have been just fine. Provided the shooter is doing his part and making consistent quality ammo.

There's many reasons I don't use Savage actions any more. The poor QC on scope mounting surfaces is one...

Believe what you would like. All my bases are bedded with devcon and all rings are reamed not lapped. The vortex worked great for sometime but after 6 months or so they just go bad. I guess I have bad luck with them. I own 2 of the ior now and never had one go bad yet. I have had one for 2 years and the other is 7 months old.

Reamed and bedded ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20140523_204415472.jpg
    IMG_20140523_204415472.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20140518_082437474.jpg
    IMG_20140518_082437474.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 67
It will be on a Remington 700 action and 20 moa rail . I have heard the razor has more adjustments. Any new opinions? It's down to the last few weeks before I order one lol.

IMHO, Bruce puts it best ...

+1 on Bruce. I like to work with the scope a bit and find the mechanical center/optical center of the adjustment range of both turrets, then mount so that the shots most important to me will occur as close to center as possible. MOA bases, and burris rings with posilgn inserts are great for a no stress setup.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.