Millett scopes

bcd

Anyone have any experience with Millett Gold Series Varmint/Target scopes? Looking at the 5x25x56. Any comments or suggestions?

I had one on a 22ppc and the AO stopped working I sent it back and they replaced it.I sold it and put a burris 6 x 24 x 50 black diamond on it.I like that scope alot I put another one on my 243wssm.I also have a bushnell 4x16x50 elite 4200 on my 221 fireball and that scope is very clear with no problems.

I have a 6-25x56, 30mm tube, with mildot reticle on my 300WM. This scope has 70 moa of elevation, and from my 500yd zero I can poke holes in stuff out to 1600yds.
I have never had a problem with mine, but my gunsmith was talking to their rep one day, and he confessed that several of the 6-25x56s got out the door missing a part. Those were locking up the ao as well. Most of those were recalled before they were sold, at least around here. I had to wait for 3 mos for more to come in. Other than that, the only other thing I ever saw, bad that is, out of them, is some of the zoom rings are quite stiff to operate.
They have a bit of curvature of field, right at the very edges, I wouldn't put them head to head with a $1000 leupold, but I don't think you can beat them in the price range.
As the gentleman who posted before me mentioned, even if you have trouble they will replace it.
Its a heavy sucker, but for a piece of glass this size, arent they all?

Thanks for the replys, I saw them in a local shop for around $500-$550, and was debating it, then later in the week I saw one in Midsouth for $234 and then I wandered about the quality, and price difference. Unless the ATN man can convince otherwise that may end up on my 300rum.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.