??MILLETT SCOPES??

telkev

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THE NEWER MILLETT SCOPES? HOW IS THE GLASS? WILL IT WITHSTAND HEAVY RECOIL?

Not yet but I have one coming. 6X25X56 Varmint Milldot. Hope it works on my 7MM STW. If not it will work on my 257 Roberts (an old Tasco 3X9X40 works on it now). It got to be better than the old Tasco.

No idea on the optics but i don't like their mounts, they have TINY claws which makes me doubt their strength and they leave marks on your scope tubes.

I have had four of their scopes. Millet had so much trouble with their big 56mm target scope they bought it back from me. Out of the four all but one have gone back to the factory because they would not hold point of aim. The glass was good and so was the service. But I spent a lot of money on ammo using the Millet scopes. I would try Mueller before Millet. Also, the Clearidge scope is a great scope. I hope this helps. Email me if you want any more information.

Thanks for the info, looks like I will try something different. Just looking for a budget priced scope that will handle the recoil of a max. load 45/70. I have a simmons on it now, but it will not handle the recoil. After just buying a new shortmag and scope, I can't get away with buying another premium scope with my wife.

I have a couple older Simons Aetec scopes on a couple guns , one on a 10 slug gun that buckes like a mule , one on an Encore muzzel loader that I shoot 150gr charges out of alot and one on an AR-15 , all hold their zero perfectly and are superizingly clear and bright.

I'm not sure how the new ones are but the older scope were a great bargin. The last one I got was off of E-bay for right at $100 shipped.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.