Great $$ on Millett scopes

RoyB

I just bought a Millett BK30739 scope from Heartland Sportsman Supplies for $274.95.........Had it at my door in 6 days!

This is a fantastic price on this new series of Millett scopes......

[email protected]

I have no affiliation, just know a great deal when I find one......

Millett Sights

side_focus.jpg

THE BUCK GOLD™ SERIES
MILLETT INTRODUCES THE NEW AND IMPROVED BUCK GOLD™ SERIES TARGET AND VARMINT SCOPES-AN EVEN BETTER BUCK.
Millett has taken scope design to the next step with the new model BUCK GOLD scopes. These are the culmination of all the improvements over the last years of Millett's 30mm target and varmint scopes, to give the shooter the most value for the money. A distinctive new look, with large, easy-to-use turret and side focus knobs add to the style of these scopes. Millett's proprietary Gimble Pivot increases accuracy and assures intertube alignment. Fully multi-coated optics and unique coil spring ensure sharpness and accuracy. Millett is proud to say "today's Millett scope is a vast improvement from just a few years ago." This year we have also added the Fine Crosshair and 1/8-MOA dot reticle for the target shooter and long-range varmint hunter.

Let us know how it works for you. I still haven't been able to talk myself into spending 300.00 on a China made scope. I've heard good things about the Millett scopes. Give us a review after you put it through some real world tests. Ben

I have one of these scopes (Buck Gold 4-16x56 SF TT) and they're of good quality when compared with Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 TT and the SWFA Super Sniper 10x42. There is one issue with the Millett having to do with the target turrets. They are what millett calls "half count" wich translates to "labeled incorrectly" in my opinion. Basically the scope is 1/8 MOA per click, but it's labeled with 4 clicks between each whole number. I went ahead and re-labeled mine, and I made a thread about this problem on another forum (not sure if it's ok to post links to other forums) and Millett decided to correct the problem for 2008. The question is when will the "old" "half count" scopes all be bought up? I prefer 1/4 clicks any how but the scope functions quite well other than that. I was actually impressed with glass quality of this scope. I'm used to 10x so 16x is nice for smoking eggs at 500yds (on my 10x scopes the crosshairs completely cover the egg). Here's a pic of the turret before I re-labeled it looks like 1/4 clicks with 16 MOA per revolution :)....Not :confused:.
008-3.jpg

Garbage. Been through two of them and hoping the third works. If it's not here this week i'll get my money back and buy something else.

Had the same trouble. i had a lens fall out of the big 4x16x56 that was on a 223 i think that was the scope it's been 7-8 years. it took them 7 months to finally tell me that they could not fix it are replace it. cause they had trouble with the people that made a part for that scope and where out of them. so they sent me two other new scope to make up for that one. both of them broke in the first month of use one was on a 17hmr. i sent them back and they got replaced after3 months waiting. i sold them new in the box on ebay and lost 75.00 and 10 months of my time jacking with them. i would take a tasco over a millet. I also had a set of rings break on my 300 rum while i was on a hunt in new mexico. i had to drive 350 miles to to get it fixed and lost a day of scouting. in my books if it says millet on it is junk!!!!!!

hope you have a lot better luck than i did. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What model do you have and what broke? Other than the turret labeling mine functions flawlessly.

It's the 4-16 illuminated mil-dot tactical scope.

The first one broke while deer hunting. After sighting in at our altitude, the damned turrets would not lock. This was on my 300 RUM without a brake.

Second one was broke right out of the box. I put it on the rifle and shot 10 rounds at 50 yards and could not figure out why I could not get on paper. Rather than shoot anymore I took it to the gun smith to bore sight it and he tells me it wont adjust left to right and the up and down was really hard to get it to move anymore without really wrenching down on it too hard. This one was one my 300 RUM with a brake.

I was told last week that I should have another one this week at my door...but was given four options:

1. get the same proven ***.
2. get the "new" Long range scope if "they approve it," but not likely.
3. get credit for the *** I have and have it applied to the "new" long range scope.
4. Possibly get my money back.

The sales rep that I bought it from has been great...it's too bad that he works for Millett. If I could do it over, and I very well may be....I'd buy a better scope from the get go and not have to worry.

Jeff300--
From what the sales rep told me, Millett had a horrible time with Quality Control even up to a few years ago and has just started to turn this around. Am I getting the "New" stuff or the old stuff? I don't know, but I can tell you either way, it is still a BAD QC problem.

Maybe I just got lucky, or maybe it's only a matter of time. I hope mine doesn't break, I know a few guys that have Milletts in a different model than mine and have used them for years without any problems.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts