millett scopes

milkie62

I have a TC snow predator in 308 that I want to setup for deer hunting out to 300 yds.Alot of my hunting is fields and woodslines and powerlines.At times sitting in a field and shooting at the woodline.It is hard to see the cross hair so I was thinking of getting a Millett illuminated reticle scope for these conditions.Any opinions on these ? Price does not seem bad at this time plus I can get a 50mm objective also to help out in the lower light conditions.Thank you Ed

morning, got one on my Rem.SPS 223. have shot .250 and smaller at 100yrs.

I have the illumated sp. lens. really like the very large optics.lightbulb:)gun)

What kind of scope do you currently have? Is low light the issue? Is the reticle abnormally thin? With my limited experience w/ illumination it washes out the picture real quick and I can see where and how a firedot would be preferred, but not necessary. The more area that lights up the more likely to wash out the view. Whichever scope you decide its crucial that it has a pretty low setting.

Not so much low light issue but having the reticle with a tree directly behind a deer and me in an open field.Can see the deer fine but the reticle just get swallowed up by the darkness behind it especially right before dark.

I have a couple of illuminated scopes. Totally agree with the one post. Every single time that I "felt" the illumination might help, it totally wash d out the view as soon on as I turned it on. Complete waste in my opinion. Far better not from to buy quality clear glass.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts