Military Sling

BOBinWA

I need a military rifle sling for an upcoming Apple Seed course and was wondering if anyone makes one out of nylon? The old loop style, not the newer tactical kind. Thanks. Bob

First time poster, but have lurked for a bit. I have done an Appleseed shoot with my son, it was great and we learned alot as beginners. Their recommended slings are styled after the old M1 Garand USGI slings. If you go to amazon and search GI Sling, or M1 sling, they will show up. You will also need a set of sling swivels to attach to. The Uncle Mike's ones will probably show up in the same search.

Have fun!

Sinclair offers one made of a product they call Biothane. Looks like leather, but totally weatherproof. Grips your arm very well, has the brass hooks just like the military sling of 1907, set your loop to the right length, put your arm in and slide the keepers tight and shoot. It is heavy, if that matters to you.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.