Military channel.6.5 lapoua.

when i went with the 260 the 6.5x47 was unproven in fact i'm not sure it was even available and you certainly could not get brass especially from lapua! thats why i went with the 260 as i could buy 243 lapua brass (as well as having loads from a previous project) i don't think either round is that different to warrant a change they are both so similar it's not worth worrying about.

when i went with the 260 the 6.5x47 was unproven in fact i'm not sure it was even available and you certainly could not get brass especially from lapua! thats why i went with the 260 as i could buy 243 lapua brass (as well as having loads from a previous project) i don't think either round is that different to warrant a change they are both so similar it's not worth worrying about.

The 6.5x47 is setup as a BR case without the normal problems you run into. It has the sharper shoulder and less body taper but still extracts and runs great. The brass is much easier to get a hold of now and Lapua is the only one making the brass for it. The accuracy i have seen out of the case is worth worrying about.

so your saying i should change my 260 that uses lapua brass and shoots .3, probably better if i was a better shot for the 6.5x47? will changing make me a better shot , i doubt it ! will all the extra expense and complications (remember i live in the uk) give me the hump and make me feel dissapointed with the result , probably !

this is the same old argument that has been used for years to sell new stuff in the shooting industry,

realisticly , the guy would be served just as well with either calibre (notice i'm not knocking your calibre or bigging up mine)

next year or sooner somebody will bring out another 6.5 that claims to be the answer to all your problems for example the 6.5 creedmoor from hornady was everybodys darling not too long ago.

i'll just plod on with my 260 and i bet i never miss something because i'm shooting a 260 instead of a 6.5x47?

i just make ammo that shoots well and then stick to that recipe and concentrate on improving my shooting , i don't worry that my es is 12 or 15 or that i've got .0001 runout , it doesn't matter in the type of field shooting i do it's all about your ability and how well you know your kit if i was into benchrest i'd buy a ppc like everyone else !

Im not saying that you should just drop your 260 for one but its something you should consider with your next barrel. You right in the way when it comes down to what caliber you are deciding on there is just a ton of options and just about anything you build would be accurate. Im not trying to sell everyone on a 6.5x47 just noting that they are worth taking a really hard look at when its time for a re-barrel job. They say the 6.5-284 is a different animal but when this case will run almost right with it i would say otherwise.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.