Micro spotting Scopes KOWA 501 vs HUMMINGBIRD ED

I have the TSN 553 and love it, was going to go with a vortex or nikon and haven't regretted going with the Kowa.
Very clear glass.
Have used it phone scoping out to 1000yds shooting rocks and can see hits out that far no problem.
I usually am shooting by myself and just record the impacts.

I had the vortex recon rt 15x50 as a small spotter while hunting and judging at longer distances, the size was excellent but clarity was not great, my zeiss conquest scope did a better job, I ended up selling it and haven't revisited the idea since, good luck

Used my Kowa TSN 553 on my sons oryx hunt. Spotting around sunset I could see something with my big eyes (cheaper large scope) ranged at 1500 yds I put the Kowa up and saw the animal laying between bushes staring at me, his chest stripe clearly visible, horns jutting up between the crossing branches, he turned his head broadside, clear definition of his ears and horn. While the big eyes could not confirm the light weight packable fluorite lens clearly identified the Oryx in low failing light in the shadows.

I went with this razor hd for its light weight 25oz, spotting from the truck I sometimes wish I had the strait but in the field I prefer the angled. This paired with the summit tripod make for a pretty light back pack hunting combo and I can leave it attached to the tripod and it fits in the side pocket of my pack. The cover for it is a little over sized and can get in the way but is very durable. My buddy has a full size Zeiss and he was amazed at the clarity of it.

I've been using the TSN-553 for several years for backpack hunting. Highly recommended where cutting weight is essential! It'll never replace my Swaro ATX, but for about half the weight, it definitely has its place for backpack hunts!

I hadn't seen the little Celestron Hummingbiurd scope (just looked it up). Intriguing, but at max 27x magnification, I'd almost rather just carry 18x binos. You get 45x on the Kowa and it's plenty usable. The Vortex Razor HD 11-33 is a good option if budget is a concern, but again, 33x top end vs 45x top end is a big difference.

Here is a screenshot from video taken with my phone through a Kowa 553. The elk are 1700 yards away. I'm very happy with it and hardly know it's in the pack.

IMG_5482.jpg