media polish removal?

Bigeclipse

All,
Normally I tumble, de-prime, trim...then ultrasonic. However, for my plinking loads I decided I wanted to remove the ultrasonic step and just tumble. My question is, I noticed that when I tumble with tumbling polish (using as instructed) the brass has a little of the polish residue left on them. I can wipe off the outsides, but do I need to worry about the insides contaminating the powder...leading to non-ignition or worse a squib load? If so, I guess it is back to ultrasonic cleaning. Thanks.

What type of polish is it?
I have never worried about the residue left on cases from tumbling, I use both corn cob and walnut, walnut leaves a lot more residue than corn cob does. Never had an issue with powder problems.
I added brasso, once, it left more dust on the cases, didn't use it again.

Cheers.
gun)

I'm not a big fan of adding polish to dry media. I haven't found it to cut down on time or give a better shine than walnut media. You have to be careful when adding the polish or it will clump up on you, letting wet polish foul some of the cases. Don't add brass until the polish is well dispensed in dry media & break up any clumps by hand or a sieve. Run tumbler 15-20 min prior to adding brass for best results.

I see a number of people referring to dust on there brass from tumbling.

What you might consider is taking an anti static dryer sheet out of the wife's laundering room - cut the sheet into squares or at least strips and throw into your media. You will be amazed at how that static sheet looks when you shut the tumbler off. It'll be solid black from attracting all the burnt carbon dust.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.