Measuring Distance Between GPS WAYPOINTS

If anybody is actually interested in a Wild with all of the parts. I have one. I even have the calibration rod and found and downloaded the manual n English. I have used it for antelope hunting during the bright parts of the day when my Swaro won't reach far enough.

I cross checked it with the Swaro one day on three objects out to 1680 yards and there was a consistent 40 yards difference. Could have been my calibration of the Wild or the fact that I wear glasses but take them off for using the Wild so that may be a source of error.

The only issue for me is I'm not sure how to ship it so it doesn't get damaged. The case is tough but not UPS proof.

Using a GPS can give you a good estimate for the range, so can "scaling from a map" if ya have one available.

Here's an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN_JI9kZ9gQ

I have also had to use a laser range finder to get intermediate ranges between two points and add them together. It's not a bad method if the terrain is flat. Gotta do whatcha gotta do.

Ok thanks. I have been using the app that barrelnut suggested. It's real simple and works good. Free too! Measure Map is the name of it. It works great to set up a long range target.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.