GPS and maps

RandyinVa

I don't want to have to pay the high cost of a Kestrel but need to know elevation where I am, temperature, and barometric pressure. My phone can give me gps, and compass and there are low cost key fob type devices to give be barometric pressure and temperature. Can any of you recommend a GPS app for an Android.

Next need is a map, hopefully of an entire state with topographic shading, with altitudes would be even better, GPS also would be the ultimate. The map would be used primarily to see out places to hunt more than a tool for shooting.

I have all the software i want on the Android (AB) and my Kilo 2k helps with shot angle, and allowance for twist rate, and movement of the earth for long shots where applicable.

I don't need the integration of a high end kestrel to talk to my android software, I will enter it myself.

Hello,

Randy have you looked at the "personal eye system" app for your phone? It is the GPS and Map sister app to "sniper calculator" app from milsistemika. Both work very good.

THEIS

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.