MCR's 338-378

Kevin Cram

Here's a 338-378 Weatherby I recently finished up for a customer. Rifle came out great all the way around. Here's the specs. Hope you enjoy!!

Stiller TAC 338
Chambered 338-378 Weatherby
Brux barrel / 1-9.3 twist / #5 contour / finished at 28"
Interrupted flutes / Cerakoted graphite black
4 Port Muscle Brake
McMillan A3 Sporter
Pillar Bedded
HS Precision bottom metal
Jewel rigger

Bill Bates 338-378 Weatherby #1.jpg

Bill Bates 338-378 Weatherby #2.jpg

Bill Bates 338-378 Weatherby #3.jpg

Bill Bates 338-378 Weatherby #4.jpg

If I remember right, the colors are, 60% Medium Gray, 20% Black, and 20% White. I'll look up the order sheet when I get a chance and make sure. I also had an A-5 done in the same colors at the same time. Kevin does outstanding work, to say the least. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Been getting ready for a Utah deer hunt in a few days.

I haven't heard how it shot yet. In my 338-378 I ran 106g Retumbo with a 300g SMK at just over 3100 fps. Now that was with a 36" barrel though and if the temp was over 80* I'd get into pressure.

Stiller will blast the black finish off for $25. I asked them not to coat it but they said it was too much trouble to pull it out of the batch. Doesn't make much sense to me, but I wanted it SS finished.
bb204

I got a Tac 338 on order from the group buy.And also would rather have it in stainless.Could you put some closer pictures up of the action.I would like to see it better.I am suppose to get it some time in January.So I will have to make my mined up and give them a call to get it done.I would really appreciate it and for all your help.I am building a 338 Norma AI and i have the same barrel you have. Love that barrel

I just sent the rifle back to Kevin to change out the H S Detachable Magazine for a Wyatt long centerfeed box and BDL metal so I could seat the bullets out farther. The finish is just like a Predator action. You could probably get Stiller to blast it, or your builder. Kevin said he could have done mine, if I hadn't already ordered it that way

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.