McRem 3/20 400 yard report.

Elite Muzzleloader

Today was a beautiful day to shoot! Today I took better notes however the garage the chronograph is in is locked so I couldn't retrieve the graph to get speeds. I barrow the graph from a friend of my fathers so we keep it in my dad's garage which is where I shoot. So I am guessing on the velocities when I am putting my info in the strelok app.

Todays Temp was average 40 degrees
Wind 3-6 mph sw
Pressure 28.78
Humidity 64%
Altitude is 2500
Target is directly south

Today's load is

10/60 4759/4198
275 Parker BE's
Wool Wad
Win209 Primer
No Sizing/No Knurling

100 Yards

I think I pulled the 2nd shot however the group is what it is. :)

This is a 400 yard group and I only had 2 of the 10/60 loads left so this is only a two shot group. Also this group is the last group of the day and I know the vent is well past its usefulness. The group is right around 4" group so still MOA accuracy. Also this group is a 11 MOA elevation adjustment with a 3 MOA wind adjustment.

This was the first 3 shots of the day with the 250 FTX to get the barrel warmed up and see where my zero is. Again the wind is at blowing left to right which I believe is the reason they hit a little right. The 3rd shot I knew was going to hit farther right as soon as I shot. I wasn't centered where I needed to be.

Todays session was a little better than the last as far as scope adjustment. I am starting to believe that the BC (.250) is a little high for the Parkers yet only time will tell

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.