Mcree Precision Stocks- Pics or comments anyone ?

Down Under Hunter

Looking at a stock from Mcrees Precision in Idaho and want to get some feedback from guys on the forum ?

I like their fully adjustable tactical look and then I would intend on replacing the std AR style grip with the delux style with the finger rest. I think the AR style grip would feel good when low to the ground.

Also looking at the New fully adjustable version of the GAT stock from Manners but dont know if it is on the market yet ?

Comments ?

Thanks

DUH

DUH,
I have one of his stocks and really like it. Having a modular system is very practical for me as it allows you to change it into different configs quickly.
Ernie

Here's mine in its current 'minimalist' rendition...

0403091303b.jpg

For its intended use (F/Open and maybe 600yd BR, and maybe a really unlucky rock chuck or two) it works *very* well. I haven't fooled with it in the 'hunter' config much other than to take some pictures and weigh things on the scale. As it sits... it tracks back very straight in the bags... enough so that a little 6mm Dasher will scoot back far enough to bop you in the face. DAMHIKT... With a 2 oz. SSS trigger and the joystick front rest, I opted to lose the cheek piece and grip, and just pinch the trigger against the guard. Seems to work so far.

Here are some more pics of it set up both ways:

Photobucket Album

Last edited:
i have been around theese stocks when scott started making them mine is on a 338 edge with the 2.5 flat fore end .it flat shoots have had my buddys 338 edge that he is having trouble with last week put it in my stock and my load and .1 too .3 at 100 problem solved in my book his stock is the problem in my book same load his stock 1inch we have some shooting on the 1k line north west montana 1k club. verry good .no bedding drop in your rifle and your ready too shoot you wont be disapointed look up mcreeprecesion on the web scot is a great guy thats my take on these stocks good luck . cody finch

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.