Mausingfield Actions-American Rifle Companies

IMO the Mausingfield proves two things, accuracy is mostly in the barrel and most guys have no idea how an action should work and how they should function beyond maybe making something go bang!!
You couldn't give me one after looking them over good and seeing that for all the engineering and hype that went into it, it's clear that it is not designed as a whole mechanism but as individual parts barely working together to make an action. An engineering solution to a none problem with antiquated design!! Marketing brilliance beyond compare though!!

IMO the Mausingfield proves two things, accuracy is mostly in the barrel and most guys have no idea how an action should work and how they should function beyond maybe making something go bang!!
You couldn't give me one after looking them over good and seeing that for all the engineering and hype that went into it, it's clear that it is not designed as a whole mechanism but as individual parts barely working together to make an action. An engineering solution to a none problem with antiquated design!! Marketing brilliance beyond compare though!!
Putting together a 6.5 ss.... called them .... not impressed at all! But hell everyone has a bad day. Then I dig deeper into the design and thought " this thing may be slick as glass, but field stripping on a rock will require more than my boot lace" to many moving parts for me to get to bang... luckily there are many great options, and I'm certain individuals can't live without them. ✌️

Alright so I'm curious at to your take on this, what do you see that is so wrong with it compared to say a Model 70, CRF Defiance or Bighorn TL3?

I'd honestly like to know as I'm planing on building a hunting rifle and I narrowed it down to a CRF Defiance or another Mausingfield.

Looking hard at the Nucleus.

If money wasn't a factory, probably the CRF Defiance.

The Nucleus is a great action and at this point ARC pretty much all the bugs worked out. I think they're shipping them all with the heavier spring, so the light primer strikes shouldn't be an issue. Mine is a very early sample (serial number 0036) and there's been changes to the bolt head and spring weights since then.

Take a good look at the Curtis Custom actions too in the same price point. Honestly though, I think all of the current actions in the $1000 price range are pretty darn good!

I have an early Mausingfield and have a EDGE barrel on it. Works like a charm. Perfection.

Am I nuts or just missing something? (yes, I know the 2 are not mutually exclusive), but I've been reading about a lot of actions and none of them mention safeties...

Am I nuts or just missing something? (yes, I know the 2 are not mutually exclusive), but I've been reading about a lot of actions and none of them mention safeties...

That's because most custom actions are designed to accept Remington 700 triggers which have the safety incorporated to block the sears. The actions have no interaction with the safety which is why it isn't mentioned.

The Mauser style actions (Model 70, 1903 Springfield, Granite Mountain, Montana 1999, Dakota 76) all have the safety on the bolt shroud that blocks with the firing pin.

The Browning X-Bolt locks the trigger and the bolt however it incorporates the button on the bolt that is used to depress the lock out of the way while still keeping the trigger on safe.

So other than insulting the people who like the action you still haven't elaborated what is so wrong with design that you would turn down a free $1600 action? If you're going to make such a statement you should at least provide some supporting evidence as to why it doesn't work.

Should hopefully have the Archimedes Action in hand in the next 6 days. Going to be the action I build my new 7mm Sherman Short Max.
Did you mean next 36 days? Last update I saw was shipping some time in July. With ARC's history, I figure that means near the end of July (and, yes, I have an archimedes pre-order too though I'm considering cancelling or re-selling it)

My intention from the beginning was "6 weeks", not "days".....my fault.

This thread is comical.....bashers are non-owners, and those that own usually have great things to say about the action itself. Fully understand the customer service and tardiness in the past may have left a bad taste with others. I had the same promises and poor customer service while waiting for a Curtis L/A, and finally gave up, but I still wouldn't bash the action itself.