mauser model 98

killerkeith

my faher spent his retirement as an amateur gunsmith producing professional guns! i have inherited a custom built rifle, model 98 action with the following markings....a funkt celtic "c" cw.98....8282 on one side, 2 k's on the other side with a gothic "D" and on the nob handle is stamped "z" my father would build rifles around the model 98 actions....is this a Czech action? it is stainless steel as well. The rifle is stamped 22-250 on the barrel but a remington 22-250 cartridge will not fit past the crimp in the brass any help would be great. sitting on a gold mine?

A pic would help. Czech made are usually marked "ZBROJOVKA BRNO, A.S." on the left side rail. No military actions were ever made in S.S. The work would have had to have been done by a well known gunsmith of the day to be 'collectable'.

there is a "leaf crest" stamped on the left side as well. Model 98 actions...can u give me a ballpark value? When my daughter gets home i will post a picture

If you would/can, remove the bolt and take a picture of the firing pin end. I'm curious as to whether it's a single or double claw extractor.

If no one can give you an estimated worth, I know someone who can but it will be up to you to contact them.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.