Mauser 98 Thumbhole

blygy

Does any one make a thumbhole stock to fit my ParkerHale 1200V?

Any of the mauser 98s should fit I believe.

I've searched and searched but have yet to find one I like.

Thanx

Blygy

I've got a Boyd's "Ross" thumbhole on my M98 .30 Gibbs. It is the most comfortable stock that I own! They are about 90% inletted so that may let you have some room to allow for any slight variations in the actions.

The pic is of my dad busting 20oz soda bottles at 400yds.

08-25-02-Dad%20shooting%2030%20Gibbs.JPG

Joel Russo can build you one from my pattern if you are sure your gun is the same as a FN mauser. Or you can ship him your old stock for him to work from. You can get whatever colors you want and have the forearm width shaped as you wish. He now will have the wood laminated with the color scheme of your choice and I am trying to think up a reason to restock another gun. On this gun I put three vent holes in the forearm but it was more just my desire to do something diffferent rather than any real need for them.

The stock is very easy to shoot under long range hunting conditions.

240p2.jpg

240w7.jpg

Blygy

I have a Parker-Hale 1200V rifle in 6 mm Remington. I was interested in this also, and contacted Boyds and they indicated the following:

"The 98 Mauser or LG RG Mauser should fit the Parker Hale action"

I am not sure on the barrel contour, although the 1200V has a factory heavy barrel. Any idea ?

I would be very interested how you make out. Please let me know. Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.