Mauser 98 question

So the question is, Travis,,,are you thinking of a modern made Mauser or a military surplus one? The Dumoulin has all the 'work' done, even though it can stand some polishing and refinement depending on where you want to go with the build. It has metric dovetails for ring mounts (available from Sunny Hill). In proper hands it could be made to feed about any cartridge the magazine is capable of holding. Best of all, it's made of modern steel. I've seen a few Mark X Mausers, both complete rifles and just actions on GunBroker. The last action I watched, a "magnum", sold for $350 I believe. And another question, what cartridge do you have in mind?

The correct answer would be I want one in ever caliber, but really I would like a magnum caliber or ( 7 mm stw)but realized it would be pushing it. I was thinking 6.5-284, but I have been debating if I should just buy a new Winchester, or do a semi/custom. I never seem to be satisfied with what I have and thought maybe this would kill the bug a bit.

Resurrecting this thread. Did the OP wind up building on a commercial 98 action and, if so, what was the result?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.