Matt from east Texas. 1000 yard range at home.

stokley1

Hello all. I have been a member for quite a while, but have neglected the forum. I few years ago I got my self a browning A-bolt target rifle, sightron SIII 6-24x50, and lucked into the deal of the century. I met a man who had just inherited his fathers gun and reloading gear. He had no interest in the stuff. I purchased his reloading set up. It an old (antique) RCBS full set up. With several thousand rounds of unloaded brass and bullets(tons of 168gr SMK's). It's all .308. I have reloaded about 1500 rounds out of the set and have barely scratched the surface. Oh yea $900 is what he settled on for the set. Well after really enjoying the browning and learning some good lessons in reloading and shooting I have sold the browning due to lack of assesories and options. I purchased a Remington 700 sps tac. Bobby hart LRT stock. Timney trigger. Stuck a Steiner 4-16x50 military scope on it. This is my hunting and target rig for anything less than 600yards. A fun gun, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good all around rifle. So I'm using the 168 SMK's with this rifle.
I also got a Savage 12 f/tr in .308 to shoot out to 1000 and beyond. For this rifle I purchased the nightforce competition 15-50x52 FCR-1 reticle. Got 200 Berger 185 juggernauts, 200 lapua cases, an assortment of primers, I have so much IMR 4064 I'm sticking with it for a while. Not shooting f class but challenging my self every time I shoot. Other than a good skim bedding job, and making an adjustable comb this rifle is stock. I really like the target accutrigger. My goal is to get comfortable and accurate at 1000 yards and start finding matches. Just wanted to say hi. And I will keep you guys updated on any progress. Good shooting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 117
I just got lucky and live on 80 acres. I have 600 yards I currently use. But got an app on my phone that gives you yards from point A to B. I found a hill on one side of the property that I can see my 600 yard target at. It is 1000 yards. I have not shot from it yet but am exited to get set up to do so in the near future.

some of us have all the luck. but congratulations you are having fun this is what matters.

Thanks. I work in the oil field. I work about 30 to 40 days away from home and get about 2 weeks off in between. So when I'm home I shoot.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.