Matrix Ballistics Ltd?

Oliveralan

I just came across a post on 6mmbr.com mentioning matrix ballistics, and decided to check out their website and bullets. A few caught my eye. A 117gr .243 VLD with a claimed .65 BC and a 210gr .308 VLD with a .75 BC. From the photos of the bullets, they dont look very drastic, has anyone used them and tested these claims? I shoot 208gr A-maxs and 210 berger VLDs in my 30cals and these looks pretty similar to the berger vlds, yet claim significantly higher bc.

Here are the given specs for the Matrix Ballistics .308 cal 210gr VLD.

Caliber Inches: .308
Weight, grains: 210.0
Core Density, lb/ci-in: 0.4097
Core Weight, grains: 156.4
Jacket Density, lb/ci-in: 0.32
Jacket weight, lb/ci-in: 53.6
Ogive Radius, calibers: 13.0
Meplat Diameter, inches: 0.07
BC: 0.7525

Just looking to discuss these bullets, not promoting or calling the claims fake.

i have been looking at these bullets too! i emailed the owner and asked him a few questions on the 117gr 6mm vlds so hopefully he gets back to me. they look like they would be a very good hunting bullet for my rifle anywas.

he told me that the VLD's are not bonded they are like ther bergers and the BCs are pc calculated so im assuming they are high. he also told me that the 107gr need a 1-8 twist and the 117gr need a 1-7.5 just like the bergers so if they are probably pretty close to the berger bullets. im gonna try the 107gr

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts