Match .308 Reload Chamber Issue

Vamike9

Hey guys, recently I reloaded some once fired Match .308 ammo and noticed a chamber issue.
I neck sized the cases as they were only once fired in my rifle. I first seated the 168gr Amax COAL to 2.800 then 2.750 to see if that changed anything but it didn't.
The empty brass cases I've yet to seat all chamber easily but once seated they are extremely hard chambering and leave a mark. Picture below...
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't know what's going on?

Attachments

• 2016-09-27 21.56.59.jpg
    2016-09-27 21.56.59.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 112
You might have a burr in the throat, get the barrel scoped to be sure there are no burrs in there.
It's definitely not from the rifling, what type of action is it?
Any action with a plunger ejector can force a cartridge hard into the side of the chamber as it enters it. This may be causing the problem.

Cheers.
gun)

It's a Remington 700 Milspec that's never given me an issue before now. I've loaded at 2.800 before with no marks but this is the first time I'm neck sizing.
Still, empty brass chambered fine until bullet was seated. Thanks for any help you all can give, I sincerely appreciate it.

Thanks everyone, apparently the shoulder of my once fired reloads was too bigh. FL sized them and no issues.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.