Master Bedroom Woodchucks!

Pretty countryside there behind you. Great looking rig, and one plump, and dead pig.
That's a 450 acre farm up in Libertytown. My friend rents a farmhouse on the property and the owner has given us hunting rights in return for getting it Posted and doing a few hours of basic maintenance a month. Sweet deal. I'm limited to 265 yard shots on my property but at this farm, I can reach out to about 700.

Not out of the bedroom but out of a window in my shop. Caught this rascal sneaking along edge of yard yesterday. She slipped down the bank of drainage canal before I could get her from the house so went to shop for better angle. About an hour wait for it to show itself again and BUZINGA!!
20220927_185617.jpg

H**L Yeah!! Was hoping you'd fire this thread up, bro! That's a nice pig there! I've only seen one on my property this year so far and it just happened to be when I was in the middle of a shot string last month. Needless to say he didn't stick around long enough for me to get a shot…….and I haven't seen it (or any other) since.

H**L Yeah!! Was hoping you'd fire this thread up, bro! That's a nice pig there! I've only seen one on my property this year so far and it just happened to be when I was in the middle of a shot string last month. Needless to say he didn't stick around long enough for me to get a shot…….and I haven't seen it (or any other) since.
You ain't kiddin! This farm I hunt on is just beautiful and the guy has 80 head of Angus. Lots of rolling hills and fencerows for the groundhogs to dig into. For some reason, we just aren't seeing them and I think it's the coyotes (which we also never see). This is an alternating bean/corn farm and you would think it would be riddled with chucks - but it's not. And it's not just on this farm. I have access to another one and I rarely see them there either. I can remember going out in western PA when I was in grad school (1996) and shooting 6 to 8 of them in a 2 hour period. Now, I'm lucky if I shoot 2-3 per season. It's gotten to be like hunting big horns! LOL!!

For some reason, we just aren't seeing them and I think it's the coyotes (which we also never see).
I suspect the same here. I see coyote "scat" on my property pretty regularly, but I don't see the dogs that left it. I've let several juvenile groundhogs go unscathed over the past several years, but their numbers seem to keep dwindling despite my efforts to let them flourish. 😐