Mass Shootings - Why?

They were protesting police brutality. They weren't trying to overthrow the federal government which everyone seems to think the 2nd amendment is about. Apparently, before AR15's became popular in this country, we weren't free and I didn't even know it.
Protesting police!
Distroying everything in sight. Distroying what belonged to someone else that had not a thing to do with what they were protesting about. Looting everything they could carry. OK. And your federal govement just let it go unchecked. And you think that's ok. Who's side are you on? It seems you are on the fence about 2A. Just what do you think the 2A is about? Here's a clue, it's not about AR's and hunting.
If you wanna keep your guns and what freedom we have, you needing to get off the fence. We give a little, they take a lot. Without the 2A we lose everything.

The man he kneeled on was a habitual offender of more than one crime he is what I said about percentages he was stupid for years and it caught up to him yes he kneeled on his neck to restrain him the way they are taught he was the cause of the man's death but he was wasn't kneeling there thinking if I do this I'm going to kill him no
I feel it was an accident but push come to shove I would rather have my kids playing with chauvin than the waste of oxygen that died. David
I saw a person that was handcuffed, laying on his stomach, and not resisting. Kneeling on his neck was unnecessary and even after Floyd was unconscious he continued to kneel on him. Chauvin got what he deserved.

I saw a person that was handcuffed, laying on his stomach, and not resisting. Kneeling on his neck was unnecessary and even after Floyd was unconscious he continued to kneel on him. Chauvin got what he deserved.
I saw a man resist getting in a vehicle that had just shoved dope up his pucker hole to get high the other man done his job by holding him so he couldn't resist anymore so let the chips fall where they may if you think he should be made a martyr i pitty your family and friends if they need help being protected from a knife wielding assailant they will be in trouble. David

I saw a man resist getting in a vehicle that had just shoved dope up his pucker hole to get high the other man done his job by holding him so he couldn't resist anymore so let the chips fall where they may if you think he should be made a martyr i pitty your family and friends if they need help being protected from a knife wielding assailant they will be in trouble. David
The video I saw showed the only resistance was getting in the car. He didn't struggle or fight. He just wouldn't get in the car. I don't think thats worth killing anyone over.

The police aren't going to protect me or my family from a knife wielding assailant. They will come by after its over and write a report.

The video I saw showed the only resistance was getting in the car. He didn't struggle or fight. He just wouldn't get in the car. I don't think thats worth killing anyone over.

The police aren't going to protect me or my family from a knife wielding assailant. They will come by after its over and write a report.
That's why they will be in trouble you wouldn't hold the guy down long enough for the law to get to them. David

Did someone threaten the supreme court justices or become violent when they were protesting outside their homes? I did not hear about it. All the ones I saw were peaceful. Why should I be outraged about it? They also protested outside Nancy Pelosi's house. Should I be outraged over that as well? The supreme court said it is your first amendment right to protest outside someone's home. Why should they be treated any differently?
First they were threatening, screaming profanities, and yes there is a law against threatening behavior against Justices as form of "influencing".

Here is the Federal Statute:

So they are required to be treated differently, its the law.

Fellow LRH: we have gone off into the deep weeds a bit and I am hoping we can get back to what can we do to address root causes of mass shootings, heck, any violent crime.

Mental health is obviously part of the violence problem, lack of recognition, lack of treatment, and so on. Easy money from drugs, lack of education, lack of access to education, and so on.

How do we provide more opportunity to EVERYONE?

How do we "flag" a perpetual violent person without trampling everyone else's rights such they cannot purchase a firearm? Dealing with already in possession is another prob. There are laws to do that BUT it takes quite an effort (as it prob should) to get such an order issued.

IMO, if someone is charged in domestic violence, it should be automatic.

Fellow LRH: we have gone off into the deep weeds a bit and I am hoping we can get back to what can we do to address root causes of mass shootings, heck, any violent crime.

Mental health is obviously part of the violence problem, lack of recognition, lack of treatment, and so on. Easy money from drugs, lack of education, lack of access to education, and so on.

How do we provide more opportunity to EVERYONE?

How do we "flag" a perpetual violent person without trampling everyone else's rights such they cannot purchase a firearm? Dealing with already in possession is another prob. There are laws to do that BUT it takes quite an effort (as it prob should) to get such an order issued.

IMO, if someone is charged in domestic violence, it should be automatic.
Muddy, Add lack of Enforcement to the list. We are supposed to be a nation of laws. If the ones we have now are not enforced, new ones are only Tyranny for those that obey them. Hard to stand behind any new laws when the ones we have now are selectively enforced or not enforced.
Opportunity is already there for everyone. Parents have to teach their children how to seize it. Otherwise it is a handout. Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him to fish and he will never be hungry. I thought Trump was on the right track with the grants to Black Colleges. Public colleges have become a cesspool and money pit. This needs to change. Trade Schools need both better recognition and acceptance. Many of them teach a trade that you can make a fine living at, often for pennies on the dollar for a College Indoctrination.

Protesting police!
Distroying everything in sight. Distroying what belonged to someone else that had not a thing to do with what they were protesting about. Looting everything they could carry. OK. And your federal govement just let it go unchecked. And you think that's ok. Who's side are you on? It seems you are on the fence about 2A. Just what do you think the 2A is about? Here's a clue, it's not about AR's and hunting.
If you wanna keep your guns and what freedom we have, you needing to get off the fence. We give a little, they take a lot. Without the 2A we lose everything.
For one, the riots started when Trump was in office and secondly, it was a local matter. It was up to the people in those cities to decide how to handle the riots. I don't necessarily support their decisions but I understand why they made them. Its not good politics to kill off your citizens. Also, the lawsuits would have bankrupted the cities. Of course, that's one of those bean counter questions. Which would be cheaper for the city, letting them burn businesses or paying off lawsuits for anyone killed by law enforcement? Maybe the lawsuits would have been cheaper but it would still not bode well for them politically. They were screwed regardless of which path they chose.

I don't really think I am on the fence about the 2nd amendment. I just don't know that it protects your right to own whatever firearm you want. There is no stipulation in the 2nd amendment that says criminals can't own guns and yet we try to prevent them from getting them. Is there something in the constitution that says if you are a convicted felon that you aren't protecting by the constitution?

The 2nd amendment says
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Its kind of confusing. Shouldn't we be forming militias? Its almost as if they are saying that militias are necessary to the security of a free state and we need to make sure they have guns to do it with otherwise why didn't they split that into 2 sentences or at least put an "and" in between? Are they saying get a gun and join a militia or are they saying get a gun because you might need to join a militia. The problem with the latter is that it isn't exactly well regulated. I would think a well regulated militia is one that is established, not one that was thrown together on the fly. Also, shouldn't we own grenades, rocket launchers, and tanks if we are going to be a part of a militia that is going to defend the free state? That question may seem ridiculous but if you are going to defend your freedom against enemies both foreign and domestic, seems like you need more than just an AR.

I have never actually suggested banning AR's. I have not even suggested making them class III. Did I say I supported changing the age limit? I don't think I did. It may have prevented the last 2 mass shootings but unless it stops them all, why bother, right. I simply pointed out that in the last 20 years, AR's are more affordable, more accessible, and more popular. I know that was a major violation but I could not help myself. Some people like to say video games and movies are responsible and ironically manufacturers of ARs pay to have their guns used in video games and movies. I said there might be some small things we can do that might prevent some of the mass shootings but again its not going to stop all of them so why bother because it has to be all or nothing, right? So keep your thoughts and prayers rubber stamps handy and buy plenty of ink pads. If you don't have one, I am sure they sell them on amazon.