Mark 5HD 5-25 vs 7-35

FlyAV8R

Looking at fitting my 300 PRC with a Leupold Mark 5HD scope. I mainly shoot long range target. I love the PR2 reticle and will be selecting that. Looking for peoples experiences with both of the zoom range scopes. If there a reason I should get the 5-25 over the 7-35? I would prefer the extra magnification.

Looking at fitting my 300 PRC with a Leupold Mark 5HD scope. I mainly shoot long range target. I love the PR2 reticle and will be selecting that. Looking for peoples experiences with both of the zoom range scopes. If there a reason I should get the 5-25 over the 7-35? I would prefer the extra magnification.
Not unless you will be hunting with it and may need a little bit lower end for close engagements, because a minimum magnification difference of 5 and 7 seems minimal until you need to make a 50y running shot. But if you will only be banging steel, I'd absolutely go 7-35.

For that scope and intended use, I say go with the higher magnification. If this were a scope of lesser quality, I would say to stick with the lower magnification, because the higher magnification would not be as useful in a cheap scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.