Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25x56?

bigdogone

Anyone have experience?

see one listed for $2000 and have good experience with Leupold and like the idea of buying US made. Alternative is S&B PMII for twice the price.

interested in experience with either/both.

Had a 3.6-18 I absolutely adored, ordered a 5-25 today for a new build. You can get non-illuminated MOA versions under $1600, of course I wanted MIL and illum...so I stepped it up a little bit, there are some deals on the European models with Clockwise turrets to be had right now.

Awesome glass! Have one 5x25 illuminated and another on order, should be here anytime. I will be ordering another next month for a new build only this time a 7x35. Leupold quality, great customer service and made in USA.

We have both for sale. They're both really nice, so it is splitting hairs. The Mark 5 HD is noticeably lighter, if that matters to you. 30.2 oz vs 41.6 oz for these particular models.

I love mine. The amount of light it brings in is pretty impressive, as is the clarity. You'll find price differences based on what reticle you're looking for.

I have 5-25x56 on a 9# 338 NM,one of my favorite optics,very clear all the way,good turruts and ZS.Is big,but lighter for its class.