March scopes

I'm looking for some feedback from anyone who's spent some time behind march scopes
Particularly the 3-24×52, or 5-42×56.
I've heard mixed reviews about touchy eye box and parallax
I have a Sightron 10-40x60 and borrowed a March bench rest scope for a shoot. After a few days of using the March I had to toss my Sightron in the ditch. I only used the March 8-80x56 scope for a week but wow is all I could say. The guy I borrowed it from was 85 yrs old and explained to me that you start bench rest with a Sightron then when you get older you buy a Nightforce, then when its hard to see through it you buy a March Scope. I am 62 and had zero problems even at high magnification.

Last edited:
Great question. I use a scope as an aiming device, not a viewing device. I use binoculars and spotting scope for viewing. I prefer the smaller diameter because it is less bulky and I assume weighs less. If for the bench either will work about equally. If lugging around a mountain or in a rifle scabbard smaller is better.

Great question. I use a scope as an aiming device, not a viewing device. I use binoculars and spotting scope for viewing. I prefer the smaller diameter because it is less bulky and I assume weighs less. If for the bench either will work about equally. If lugging around a mountain or in a rifle scabbard smaller is better.
thank you, sir!

Most of my benchrest buddies use them and claim they spoil you for other scopes. I don't want to look through one because I can't afford it and may never be satisfied with anything else.
Should I ever have the money for one then I'd be looking for a light 4 to 14 around 45 to 50 diam objective, even a lighter fixed 12X would do the job. This sitting on top of a chrome moly action in a 20 0z 45 to 55% carbon to resin ratio stock. That's what I call a top outfit. Please excuse the rave.

I had a March F 3-24x52 for a while. I love the turrets, the zero stop is the easiest to set ever invented, cut glare better than most alpha scopes, lightweight, low profile, short length, tracked perfectly.
I didn't like the glass clarity for the price, the reticle is too thick, got dark above 20x, parallax was touchy.
Sold it and bought a Tangent Theta TT315M. I will take a 15x max mag and perfect everything else over the March's minor flaws and 24x.

The High Master glass is MUCH better than the older glass. I am actually thinking about the new 4.5-28x52 now....

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.