Manners Stock Experiences

All 5 of mine needed a little lovin to properly fit. But then again, so did my McMillan, B&C, KRG, Magpul, etc. If you wanna play garage gunsmith, expect that parts don't fit perfect 100% of the time -just my opinion/experience.

I just bedded my 300rum hybrid in a manners eh5 this morning and had no issues with inletting. Knock on wood. Bedded the pillars and bottom metal yesterday.

I just bedded my 300rum hybrid in a manners eh5 this morning and had no issues with inletting. Knock on wood. Bedded the pillars and bottom metal yesterday.
The two I have recieved needed a little work, not much. One needed about 5 minutes with a small file on the bridge to clear the bottom metal on a Stiller tac 338 with Stiller DBM, and my most recent one needed a little inletting in the barrel channel towards the front of the cylinder before contour started, the action would drop in but there was contact, sandpaper wraped around a foam cylinder toy of one of my kids cleaned that up in about 5 minutes. Just minor stuff, I can certainly handle that.

I need some opinions if I am being too picky. Ordered a Manners EH1A, inletted for a Defiance Deviant GA Hunter with the Defiance Rigby bottom metal.

The dealer sent me pictures of the stock with 1, maybe 2 issues. The build sheet indicated Defiance bolt handle but somehow the stock ended up with a Rem 700 bolt handle inlet. Now I'm told a bit of material removal and it will be good to go.

I'll describe the other issue the best I can. The metal in front of the safety lever inlet will not match up with the top rear side of the bolt handle inlet either. After filing away material to make the bolt work the misalignment would even be worse.

Would most of you on here be ok with that or would you want exactly what you requested on the order sheet?

The action and bolt inlet not lining up is not right to me.

MANNERS.jpg

Last edited:
you could see what they say. See if they want to fix.Me Id just roll with it and get it hunting.It also would not be hard to bondo it a bit and a dab of paint.Im one of those do it yourselfer types. I would want it discounted some if not right

I've been around about 6 AG's and the inletting has been perfect. Stiller, 700's and Defiance

I need some opinions if I am being too picky. Ordered a Manners EH1A, inletted for a Defiance Deviant GA Hunter with the Defiance Rigby bottom metal.

The dealer sent me pictures of the stock with 1, maybe 2 issues. The build sheet indicated Defiance bolt handle but somehow the stock ended up with a Rem 700 bolt handle inlet. Now I'm told a bit of material removal and it will be good to go.

I'll describe the other issue the best I can. The metal in front of the safety lever inlet will not match up with the top rear side of the bolt handle inlet either. After filing away material to make the bolt work the misalignment would even be worse.

Would most of you on here be ok with that or would you want exactly what you requested on the order sheet?

View attachment 173186
As sp6x6 said, call them and let them know. I think they might have stuff happen now and then, but they are good about doing right with it.

I'd also let them know. I had a problem with my EH1 and they made it right. Awesome customer service when the owner calls you to make sure you are happy.

View attachment 173186
Me, I would've cleaned up the inletting in about the same time it took you to type your post and moved on. I never notice the small areas I've had to clean up on my stocks (other than noticing my rifle mechanically functions correctly and shoots accurately).

But that doesn't matter, what matters is what you want. Manners will 100% take care of you if you contact them. If that's the sort of thing that keeps you up at night, call em on Monday. Otherwise clean it up tonight and go shooting tomorrow. No right or wrong here.

The stock was ordered through a Canadian dealer up here. I'm told it gets expensive to ship back to Manners.
I don't have the stock yet, just put a deposit down. I have the option to not buy it and start over.

Thank you all for posting.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.