Tom Manners GAT stock.

Down Under Hunter

Hello all,

I am wanting to buy a manners gat stock for a 338 edge rifle build. As I have a fairly small palm size does anyone know if I'd be better going with the straight right hand only version or the ambidextorus /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif ??? version. Can anyone give any feedback on this stock as I have yet to see one ' Down Under "

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DUH

I have such a stock on a Remington 300 Mag, being left handed I went for the ambidextrous version which does not have the swell in the pistol hand, it fits very well indeed and is a huge improvement on the standard Sendero stock, which for me was too bulky in the grip area. My hand is only of medium size and the GAT stock is absolutely bang on for both size and positioning.

If you send me a pm with your e-mail address I can send you some pictures of my rifle if they will be of help

Jonathan

Here are some pics of my MCS-GAT, I have medium sized hands and the palm swell fits me perfectly. I opted for the RH stock.

DSC00329.jpg

DSC00324.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

If you are able to get it, I have done a full write up in a magazine called Target Sports on this stock (July 2007 edition)

Like Jonathon, if you want any more pics just ask, Tom Manners is also very approachable and usually will answer any technical question quickly.

Andy

I've got a GAT right hand stock also.
I love this stock, it fits me great, but I had to modify it a little.
My hands are long and thin, so the palm swell needed more beef to it.
So if you are worried about the grip being too small, I bet it is samll enough.
A little bondo, some saran wrap, and tada, a custom fit grip. Just have to rought the stock up a little first to get it to stick.

495398.JPG

495403.JPG

482810.JPG

Andy,

Thanks for all your great pics. Great UK hospitality !! I really dont know which one to order ??? HAve you had your set up with the flush side mounting points ??

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Apologies for the delayed reply, just returned from France.

I have two flush cup mounts on the LHS so I can carry the rifle without the bolt sticking in my back. I also had Tom fit two forward bipod studs and one on the butt for normal sling / bipod fitment.

If you have a heavy profile barrel Tom will give the butt a heavy fill to compensate the balance point, but this needs requesting on order!

Just ask if I can be of any more assistance - photos etc

[ QUOTE ]
. . . Tom Manners is also very approachable and usually will answer any technical question quickly.

Andy

[/ QUOTE ]
+1

I dealt directly with Tom Manners on a VERY minor problem I had with a T-1 and I have never had such a positive experience. A real gentleman and his outfit rates right up there with the "best" customer service I've had from any company.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.