Major problem with adding suppressor to 300 win mag. Looks like back pressure can open bolt.

BirdDog50

My friend just picked up his new suppressor for 300 win mag Christensen arms. Had the gunsmith making adapter and put on the suppressor. Shot it now boat won't open his stuff force it open with a hammer. With all the cases are scratched and looks like lot of blowback in the chamber. The suppressor is for 30 cal purchased locally from a reputable retailer. Can't figure out what to do or what the problem is. Gun work fine until put the suppressor on. Any ideas?

No it was factory ammo that he used before. Two different boxes and he tried both. Has to hammer the bolt open it's that bad. Now he can't even open it.

My friend just picked up his new suppressor for 300 win mag Christensen arms. Had the gunsmith making adapter and put on the suppressor. Shot it now boat won't open his stuff force it open with a hammer. With all the cases are scratched and looks like lot of blowback in the chamber. The suppressor is for 30 cal purchased locally from a reputable retailer. Can't figure out what to do or what the problem is. Gun work fine until put the suppressor on. Any ideas?
No it was factory ammo that he used before. Two different boxes and he tried both. Has to hammer the bolt open it's that bad. Now he can't even open it.
Did your friend contact the suppressor manufacturer (not the retailer) for advice?

No he didn't contact the manufacturer yet ... He will on Monday... It's a small adapter that fits the pencil barrel type. I can attach a pic if I know how to do it.

See picture it's on the right hand side of the ammo and the cases ... That's the adapter. Upon looking at the pic of the suppressor it appears to say it's a 7.52 instead of a 7.62... not sure how that could be.

Attachments

• 719011004.jpg
    719011004.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 142
What is the manufacture of the suppressor?
It's possible that it may not be rated for a Mag.
There may also be an issue with the adapter.

Recent Posts