LRH Newbie full season Montana

skidlyman

I've been here at LRH a couple years now and finally got a pretty nice setup. 338rum Sendero, 5.5 x 22 x 56 NXS w/ NP-R2 ret. Anyway, I got my Son Josh (now 19) interested in Longrange hunting. I got him a Savage 300rum for his B-Day last year and give him a BSA 6 -28 mil-dot scope that was originally on a 50bmg. He has been kickin butt on me this season. Started off with a 1/2 mile stalk and a 100 yard belly crawl and took this fine heavy horned 14" Pronghorn buck with 1 shot at 325 yards
101_0183sm.jpg

then we headed out on opening day for elk and he took this 4x5 bull at 736 yards with a shoot to the ribs with his 300rum 200g Accubond
101_0190sm.jpg

then to top it off friday eve during the last 1/2 hour of shooting light he puts an Accubond thru the lungs of this exceptional Mulie at 598 yards! think he's hooked
100_3232sm.jpg

Hey, that left horn on the speed goat looks to be at least 5 feet long. He may be a mutant of one of his African cousins....

How many times does a pic setup like that happen? Sweet.

Well, Pops, ya better get humpin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This was a great season for both of you.

That is a really nice goat. I was fortunate to take one almost identical to that and I'm looking at him up on the wall right now. Is the antelope or the mule deer destined for the taxidermist? Sounds like a fun season! You better get movin, you got some catching up to do! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Nice pics and hunt! I swear that is a Doe in the truck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That is a whitetail doe in the truck too,(1st Post) here in Mt we can get some doe tags too, That doe was franks (Josh's buddy) Frank shot his buck 10/24 heres a picture
102506_003.jpg

Here is the bucks the boys got last year
Image1.jpg

Since Josh took a 79 1/2 Pronghorn 2 years ago Had it mounted. he decided to do a European mount on this buck. He was going to do that with the Mulie buck but I think I got him talked into a shoulder mount. Myself I've been working on a 170 class whitetail with my bow (urban deer). I took my antelope already and it was not as impressive as Josh's but had some unique horns. Bad angle but he's on the way to processing.
Image6.jpg

I'm heading out next weekend to SE Mt to try and find a Mulie buck to top Josh's. The last week of the season its back to the mountains to find my bull. If I don't take another animal this season, its not a big deal. I'll still be one happy Dad. But I can be REAL picky now the freezer is full! ;-)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.