Newbie...

Xx kill monster

Just found this site. I bought a 700 rem 5R in 300 win mag about 14 months ago and been saving for a Swarovski Z6 ever since... Well the Swaro came in last Friday and I brought to have it mounted at the local gun smith shop. My plans are to shoot deer at fairly long range w this(4-600 yrds) if doable. I have a buddy the reloads and has offered to do the 300s but was wondering if anyone here has had any good luck w factory 300 hunting ammo and felt comfortable shooting at those distances w it..

Every rifle is different, some shoot some factory loads very well, some do not. Some factory loads shoot better then others in certain rifles.

Long story short, we can not tell you if it will work or not, only way to know is to put bullets through your rifle and see how each load shoots. Other then that, we can not be much help, you kind of have to do the leg work on this one.

I would say if your friend can load good ammo, that would be by far the best way to go as you can taylor loads to your specific rifle and that generally always produces better accuracy results. Not only that, you can select better bullet options for specific useages.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.