sav308

Hi all. I'm new to the world of long range shooting. I've been hunting and target shooting for about 15 years and I'm looking to challenge myself a little more. I've played around with some longer (for me) shots on targets at up to 600 yards and had some decent results just using a ballistic mil dot reticle, but I'm hoping to learn how to dial my shots instead of holding over. I recently bought a heavy barrel Savage 10FCP .308 with Chaote stock and topped it off with a Leupold VXIII 6.5-20x50. I look forward to exploring the seemingly vast amount of information on this site.

That's a really nice setup you have there. I don't think you will be disappointed. Welcome to the sight. To gain knowledge, you will have to ask the questions. What are some things that you would like to know?

Tank

Thanks. For now I'm just going to be browsing mostly until I get some more trigger time with the gun. I got it sighted in over the weekend and I'm pleased with the results. 3 separate 3-shot groups slightly over 0.5 moa @ 100 yards, didn't have time to try any farther just yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.