Low Cost Target Camera Option

Wedgy

Not sure if this has been posted before but I tried a trail camera on time laps mode to shoot a ladder test and it worked perfectly. You don't get instant feedback like a Bullseye or looking thru a spotter but it works. Depending on conditions sometimes I can or can't see 600-800 yards when doing a ladder, or at first I can then the mirage kicks up and I can't. I've had the colored sharpie bullets not leave a color on the paper or get washed off by the rain, etc.
So I tried a cheap trail camera on time lapse to capture an 800 yard ladder test, in this case a Primos(now owned by Bushnell) Proof Cam 02, a low cost, easy to use "even a caveman could do it", seriously.
I have 6 of these that I purchased from Ebay, open box, for ~ $50 each, they are around $80 new. For a trail camera I'm going to use for public land hunting I try to get cheap ones so I'm not out a ton of money if they get stolen. I generally consider the directions as packing material and you can with this camera as it is self explanatory when you look at the panel, it's color coded so you just stick with one color and choose the options in that color. So in my case I put the top button on orange for time lapse, and the middle button on orange for 1 minute delay, the bottom button doesn't matter in time lapse mode(not like they are set in the picture). When you're done you take the SD card out of the camera and you can watch it as a video on you computer or however you choose but that's how I do it.
It worked pretty well !

Attachments

• 20161216_101631.jpg
    20161216_101631.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 146
  • sgjfghh.jpg
    sgjfghh.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 149
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.