Looking good ideas to take son hunting thanksgiving week

FlGunner

As the title says I'm looking for some ideas on taking my 10 year old son on his first out of state hunt. Looking for something during the week of thanksgiving. Was originally going to shoot ducks in Arkansas in late December till the school system decided to change the time they be out for Christmas to the week after this coming year (work vacation is hard set and was scheduled before the school made their changes). So looking to see what ideas you guys have on a deer hunt. A management type hunt would be nice if y'all have in recommendations.

South Dakota has very reasonable youth tags and have pretty good draw odds. I brought all 4 of my kids there every year from 12 until they left for college or the service. They always saw plenty of game and killed their deer. It's does for the youth tag, but they all really loved it. Lots of public land and great folks.

Well good news fellas, I do appreciate the offer and advice everyone has kindly given. I'm going to take him to Ohio with me. The school has given me an ok to take him the week before Thanksgiving with no worries of missing that week. So he'll get to go with me a couple buddies to our annual hunt in Ohio. I was going to skip this year but things have worked out. We're practicing with a crossbow and got an excuse to but a straight wall cartridge rifle for the youth gun season. If he continues to shoot the x bow good we'll probably stick with it. I got a Scorpyd Nemesis 480 that he's shooing right now. The scope is a learning curve but he's picked up on it.

Recent Posts