Looking for varmint hunters from NYC area

I heard they got giant rats in their subway, like 3 - 4 feet long :) But in reality I'm not sure if you can discharge long rifles around NYC or Long Island, please correct me if I'm wrong...

Just checked New York State hunting regulation in which it is stated on page 16 under General Hunting Regulations: http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/wildlife_pdf/09guidecont.pdf "In Westchester County and on Long Island, it is illegal to use any rifle for hunting, or to carry one afield." So its either shotgun or you will have to expand your horizon beyond Hudson river... Hey the grass is much greener on the other side ;-)

I have an idea for varmint hunters from NYC area ;-)
poster2.jpg

It is illegal to discharge a firearm
so that the load passes over any part of a public highway, within 500 feet of any school, playground, or an occupied factory or church or within 500 feet of a dwelling, farm building or structure...Guess that rules out Long Island and the 5 burroughs of NYC.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.