Varmint Vacation Wanted- HELP ME VARMINT HUNTERS

james blond

I live in the U.K and i shoot a .17hmr at rabbits etc. up to 275 yards on a still day- and my Remy in .308 up to 1000 yards in competitive shooting. Im really keen on coming to the states and having a Prairie Dog / Rock Chuck / Coyote hunting vacation- ideally over as long a range as possible :) can anyone help me- i will need to use a rifle combo over there and im expecting to maybe have to have a guide although im personally not fussed about this- can you help me with any contacts .......

Cheers

James

Hi James, I am new to the site. I would look at the Rockin7Ranch in Wyoming. They have a Pdog and Coyote combination package. I would highly recommend you like at their web site. I have heard really good things about this place. They have excellent guides too.

You best time of year to shoot coyotes is now. Plucking them off there dens. I am not talking about 1 or 2 i am talking about what is know as denning. The best guys to get in touch with are the government trappers.

Trappers are in the know when it comes to this and Pdogs. If there not out denning this time of year then they are poisoning pdogs.

Posting here Prospectin' with trappnman & friends... - Login will get you in with one of them.

Let me know when your on your way I need a new Patterdale:)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.