Looking for something to put my rig in

Kman

My 338 LM rig is 54 inches long break to pad. Needless to say it won't fit in your standard cases. I'm looking for either soft or hard case, shooting matt/roll up combo that carries on my back or a drag bag type. I googled it and found some but they where all for like 49-51 inches max. Any ideas?

Cheers

Kman,

My 30-378 is 54inches and before I bought my starlight double rifle case I had the hard case it came in with. I cut a hole in one end so the muzzlebrake with a inch of barrel would poke out. With my starlight case I can put it in at a angle (corner to corner) and it will fit with a half inch to spare. Good luck.

Kman338:

I'm using the Cabela's "Bullet Proof" One Black-Powder Rifle Case, Item:#XF-226582 - Price: $199.99

It has plenty of room for my 7mm AM with 30" barrel and the price is right. I've never really considered a soft case because I want the added protection of the hard case. The only change I made was to cut out two small indents for the side turrets and ACI. since the gun goes in the same spot each time this just makes the case a little easier to close. It's been very easy to use and secure and the gun is protected very well.

Here are two previoius discussions and somewhere there is a third discussion by either Lerch or Bill Bailey..

one

two

Plus Goodgrouper posted on some kind of back pack that has a gun case attached to it a couple of weeks ago.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.