Looking for dies or die maker for 338 Lapua improved 40°

backyardsniper

I have a 338 lapua improved 40° but the redding dies I have are not giving me enough shoulder bump and I need a shoulder bump die. Would like a neck sizer possibly too if anyone has a lead on where to find that.

How are you determining that the die isn't bumping your shoulder? Anklet shoulders resist sizing more than gentle sloped cases.
I already bought my 338 Lapua Improved 40° Redding dies. I also bought a custom hydro die, which I have used thus far 20 times. Still building the rifle and used a formed piece of brass to use as a dummy to throat the barrel for my custom 323g solid brass CNC turned bullet.
I will be cramming over using the Redding die, if I need custom shell holders to achieve what I want, then that's what I'll get.

Cheers.

I can tell its not bumping the shoulder because after 2 or 3 firings I can't hardly close the bolt even after they been through the sizing die. I use a Dillon 550 so the redding shell holders don't work with it. I will likely have a couple thousandth cut off the bottom of the die or mayne just get a cheap single stage press and some shell holders and set that up to resize for this rifle.

I can tell its not bumping the shoulder because after 2 or 3 firings I can't hardly close the bolt even after they been through the sizing die. I use a Dillon 550 so the redding shell holders don't work with it. I will likely have a couple thousandth cut off the bottom of the die or mayne just get a cheap single stage press and some shell holders and set that up to resize for this rifle.
I can modify the die if you'd like

I may have you do that man. My gunsmith said he could do it but he is pretty busy and I got about 200pcs of brass that are gonna need resizing. I'm heading out in a couple weeks to hunt with Rob and the crew at NTO again. Ingot enough ammo to get me through this hunt but then I'm gonna need to resize and load up a bunch

Redding will have a body die you can utilise.
Whidden will make you dies if you supply 3 fired cases.
I have the Redding die set too, and a custom hydro forming die, but the rifle I am building isn't finished yet.

Cheers.

I may have you do that man. My gunsmith said he could do it but he is pretty busy and I got about 200pcs of brass that are gonna need resizing. I'm heading out in a couple weeks to hunt with Rob and the crew at NTO again. Ingot enough ammo to get me through this hunt but then I'm gonna need to resize and load up a bunch
I charge $40 bucks for that service

Recent Posts