• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Looking for a LH rifle?

Yes but an 12 year old girl needs a rifle that's easy for her to handle. BTDT with my daughter and a heavy rifle with a 26" barrel will usually be more than they can handle getting on game quickly. She'll be hunting NW CO, and Eastern UT, if she were only hunting from a blind we could probably make a 7mm Mag work.
If the intended owner wants a very light, short, "youth" rifle I apologize for my suggestion. My daughter started hunting at 8 and killed her first buck at 9 with a Savage 116 in 300WSM. I just down loaded it with a 125gr bullet. We hunt the hills that start at 1000 and end at 4000 all spot and stalk. Never hunted from a stand in our lives. She is 25 and is a now and still hunts with her first rifle. It can be done and there will be a lot of missed opportunities. They will find what their looking for.

Lefty here. I'd second a Tikka. Only left hand rifles I have are a browning Abolt 2 and a Tikka T3x I put together last year. I still mainly use right handed rifles, I'm the only left handed shooter that I personally know.

If your not stuck on a bolt action you can look into an AR-15 platform(I have 6.5 Grendel, 300 blk, adjustable stocks, aftermarket triggers) or lever action(although could be difficult for a youth to work the action)

Sent u a PM on a nice custom LH 260 with Leupold, stiller action, Jewell, McMillian, DM fluted benchmark, and more

I built two LH rifles on Savage actions last year, they're out there. You have to be quick on the trigger when you find one though.

From what I've gathered from the OP, the girl who is going to be operating whatever platform she receives needs it to be light-recoiling, lightweight, proper length of pull & come in under $1k. Tikka's are great but they do not offer a modular stock for modification to adjust for length of pull. Savage does offer this type of modularity but the actions are not as precise. Weatherby offers the "Camilla," which is a left handed platform designed specifically for women. Have not priced them out but I would assume that they are priced accordingly and are available with some fine-tooth comb searches!?!?!

We all know what we like, it is difficult for us to put our feet in the shoes of a 12 year old girls shoes. Last thing any Father wants to do is set their children up for failure by providing them with the wrong tool for the task at hand. I know that the members of this forum are going to look long & hard to help find the right rifle for this young Lass!

Wishing everyone a Blessed Week full of opportunity & prosperity! 😎🤙🇺🇸

If your not stuck on a bolt action you can look into an AR-15 platform(I have 6.5 Grendel, 300 blk, adjustable stocks, aftermarket triggers) or lever action(although could be difficult for a youth to work the action)

She likes shooting AR rifles, but Dad doesn't have any elk capable AR rifles. He also doesn't want to step up to the AR-10 platform.

From what I've gathered from the OP, the girl who is going to be operating whatever platform she receives needs it to be light-recoiling, lightweight, proper length of pull & come in under $1k.

Budget is actually $1,500 but that's with optics, that's why I said $1K. He's not afraid to modify a stock to fit her, it doesn't have to be modular. Ideally a sub 8lb rifle all up is what he wants for her, that balances and handles well. He'll adapt it as she grows and here needs change.

Anyone got a nice Model 7/Seven in 7.08, 260, 243?
That's the ticket for a 12 year ole girl…
Bought my son one at 11-12 and he usesit today
Killed deer and elk with the .08

Anyone got a nice Model 7/Seven in 7.08, 260, 243?
That's the ticket for a 12 year ole girl…
Bought my son one at 11-12 and he usesit today
Killed deer and elk with the .08
Pretty sure Remington never made the model 7 left handed.