• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Looking for a LH rifle?

ducky

I'm looking for a LH rifle preferably in .243 Win or action with .473 BF. I have a good friend whose 12 year old daughter is a lefty. Only thing he's finding are Savage Axis II rifles, and he's not a fan. I'm putting out feelers to see if anyone has something available.

Probably a Savage 10 or 16 with a Remington being a solid second choice.

I've got a lefty savage 16 in 7mm Rem Mag for sale…it shoots lights out, comes with ammo, brass, bi-pod, scope, rings/bases.

I've shot AR-15's with more recoil than this set-up….make me an offer I can't refuse!

😎🤙

If it were me I'd offer, but I know my friend won't bite on a 7mm RM for his daughter.

I have a lefty CZ-557 in 308 Win w/ detachable box magazine, fired ~5-6 times, sight in & one 1-shot whitetail. It's nice - not made anymore - but I'm staying w/ my single-shots.

I'm looking for a LH rifle preferably in .243 Win or action with .473 BF. I have a good friend whose 12 year old daughter is a lefty. Only thing he's finding are Savage Axis II rifles, and he's not a fan. I'm putting out feelers to see if anyone has something available.

Probably a Savage 10 or 16 with a Remington being a solid second choice.
There was a browning stainless a bolt 7mm mag listed just a few days ago. I got lucky and snagged the 06 116 yesterday. There was a 6.5-284 116 here also. I will find it. Joe270 had it listed don't think it sold. That's your huckleberry!!!!

I've seen some Ruger scout rifles, in 308, on gunbroker.

Occasionally you can find good options on this link….good luck, the Forum will find what your looking for! Team Work makes the Dream Work!!!

You mentioned .243, would they entertain 7mm-08 or 6.5 Creedmoor?
Absolutely, he already has a 6.5 CM but all the rifles he has are RH. She is recoil sensitive and they've had some set backs getting prepared for spring turkey. He also reloads and has a pretty decent stock of powders and primers so really nothing is off the table.
What is the budget so we can help out?
Lets say more than an Axis II and less tha a grand. We're open to just actions as well, especially Savage as I have a 6mm Creedmoor barrel we can screw on for a small shank action.

If you or they hand load it can be loaded down easily to 7-08 recoil.

Yes but an 12 year old girl needs a rifle that's easy for her to handle. BTDT with my daughter and a heavy rifle with a 26" barrel will usually be more than they can handle getting on game quickly. She'll be hunting NW CO, and Eastern UT, if she were only hunting from a blind we could probably make a 7mm Mag work.

I'm sure your buddy has already checked, but you might make sure that he's made sure she is left eye dominate. Some people don't know to check for that. She should shoot right handed if she's lucky enough to be right eye dominate. It's not uncommon to be cross dominate. Just a thought, it's important to start them out right.

Occasionally you can find good options on this link….

Found this one and sent him the link.

I'm sure your buddy has already checked, but you might make sure that he's made sure she is left eye dominate.
He's checked, and he's sure.