Looking at Scope Options for New Build

So really $470 but still. Insane…

I'm sure you can find them on sale sometimes or someone might have a little better pricing on them but I just don't think I can pay that much for scope caps.
Well that explains it. Optics Planet sucks. And they should be called out to Leupold for charging WELL over MSRP.

Well that explains it. Optics Planet sucks. And they should be called out to Leupold for charging WELL over MSRP.

Agreed but it was the first place that popped up and that's the price I've seen for those pretty much everywhere else as well. Unfortunately it isn't over MSRP though, it is MSRP per Leupold's website. I just can't stomach $350 for a lens cover.

Anyway, so to derail a little off topic here.

I'll take a closer look at the March offerings. Any experience with their warranty?
I have a March 2.5-25 and love it. Haven't had a issue to warranty so can't help in that department. I believe from research it's a great warranty but only for 5 years. To me that did matter gets me through the stage of factory defects.

Agreed but it was the first place that popped up and that's the price I've seen for those pretty much everywhere else as well. Unfortunately it isn't over MSRP though, it is MSRP per Leupold's website. I just can't stomach $350 for a lens cover.

Anyway, so to derail a little off topic here.
You can find them for well under that. Usually under $200 as shown in other posts here.

Agreed a bit off topic.

I know it's FFP, and one ounce overweight, but the Leupold MK5hd 3.6-18 illuminated TMR is an awesome scope. Reticle is plainly visible at 3.6 and not too large at 18. Locking elevation dial with excellent feel, covered windage, best illumination control available IMO. MK machine and Tenbrex both make great covers for the MK5 too.

If you haven't had good luck with Vortex (neither have I) remember they just won a huge Army contract for the new battle rifle's "smart scope" in a competition with L3 Harris and Leupold. Hope the Army has better luck with Vortex than we did!

I wish I did not look at Swaro Z8. It meets all my requirements except the price. Another $550 for the turret and the caps with the base scope is pushing $4k. I sure It is an awesome scope, but it is hard to justify it objectively.
The Vortex Razors also good, but I've compared it to my Lupy side by side at a range near dusk and to my eyes it just didn't measure up in clarity and light gathering. The gentleman with the Razor agreed with my assessment.
Oh well…I am not in hurry as the rifle won't be ready for several months. Maybe I will run into a killer deal on Z8.

I wish I did not look at Swaro Z8. It meets all my requirements except the price. Another $550 for the turret and the caps with the base scope is pushing $4k. I sure It is an awesome scope, but it is hard to justify it objectively.
The Vortex Razors also good, but I've compared it to my Lupy side by side at a range near dusk and to my eyes it just didn't measure up in clarity and light gathering. The gentleman with the Razor agreed with my assessment.
Oh well…I am not in hurry as the rifle won't be ready for several months. Maybe I will run into a killer deal on Z8.
I skipped the fancy caps on my z8, got one of those neoprene covers that goes over the whole scope, figured with a scope that expensive I want to protect the whole thing, not just the lenses. But you end up about 3300 with the scope plus the ballistic turret if you get one of those demo deals. I don't know if it's really worth that much more than the others, but the image you get is amazing. Better than any other Swarovski I've looked through

Have you considered the Leupold Mark5 3-18 or 5-25…..also Leupold is just releasing the Mark3 series that seems budget & weight developed but I haven't compared or layed hands on….I absolutely love all my Mark5 scopes

I have been trying to diversify my thoughts on the next scope purchase. I have been Leupold fan for decades. I thought I should be more open minded and attempt to find an alternative to my inclination to just order another VX6HD.
Requirements:
Weight: under 25 oz.
SFP 3-18 or similar
Illuminated non-cluttered reticle
50 Objective
Excellent Glass - I know this is subjective
Zero Stop with exposed elevation
Warranty - equal to Lupy
under $2500
Long Action compatible (mounting on Anti X)
Does this exist other than the VX6HD?
Thanks in advance for your input.
I have 3 -18x50 VX6's and love them. The 5-25x50VX-5 is a great scope as well.

I have 3 -18x50 VX6's and love them. The 5-25x50VX-5 is a great scope as well.
Made in the USA
D5C444D2-DC76-417E-881E-F9DD8089120A.gif