Look what happened to my Magnetospeed

ShtrRdy

I forgot to tuck the loose end of the strap away from the muzzle a couple times and ended up shooting through the strap. Not a big deal but shows you what can happen.

Attachments

• 20211214_163216.jpg
    20211214_163216.jpg
    352.6 KB · Views: 592
My wife used one of my range bags as a rest. SBR with a flash hider. She didn't actually shoot the bag, or even through the bag. Just placed the muzzle end within an inch or so of the bag. I now have no zipper or pouch on the side of the bag that got to experience the wonders of 60 some thousand psi of exit plume. 😜

Never bought one. Tried a buddies....royal pain in the butt to use compared to a regular chrono. I will stick with my Pro Chrono and use my Oehler for back up.

Never bought one. Tried a buddies....royal pain in the butt to use compared to a regular chrono. I will stick with my Pro Chrono and use my Oehler for back up.
For me I found just the opposite. Haven`t gotten the sky screens out in a couple years. Guess that`s why they still make both kinds 😂

I forgot to tuck the loose end of the strap away from the muzzle a couple times and ended up shooting through the strap. Not a big deal but shows you what can happen.
I use a couple of wraps of electrical tape on my Magnetospeed strap after it is cinched down tight. That provides a little peace of mind.

I accidentally did something careless, stupid and dangerous while setting up my MagnetoSpeed on a second rifle. The first time I use it on a rifle, I insert two sections of an old aluminum cleaning rod into the barrel so I can determine correct spacing and alignment with the bullet path. As I was setting it up, another shooter came over and started asking questions about it and we got into a disucussion about our experiences with chronographs. I then sat down and fired a shot at a 100 yard target. The monitor gave an error message saying the projectile was too long to measure and I noticed no hole in the target. I was confused for a minute but then realized the cleaning rod was not on the bench. I searched for it, then looked through the barrel, which was clear. During the next cold range, I walked the line from my bench to the target. One segment of the cleaning rod was about 3 feet in front of the target (can't seem to add a photo). Apparently it hit the target and bounced back. The pressure in the barrel had compressed the rod and it had impressions of the barrel grooves. I was **** lucky the rifle didn't explode.

Continuation: Here's the photo. The upper rod sections are what was inserted into the barrel. The lower rod section is what I found after accidentally firing it from the rifle.

Attachments

• IMG-0579.JPG
    IMG-0579.JPG
    810.2 KB · Views: 139