LongShotRifles 300 Win Mag. A day at the range.

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by CrossHare, Oct 23, 2005.

1. CrossHare

CrossHare Active Member

Well, I finally got a chance to try my hand at working up some custom loads for my LSR 300 Win Mag that I WAS selling, again, "WAS". I called Tim North at Broughton barrels to get some load tips and man was he ever on point. I have never reloaded before in my life so I was a little leery to say the least. I used Berger 210 VLD’s and Hornady 178 gr.A-Max’s and went directly to 350 yds as the weather was so nice I just couldn’t resist. A friend of mine who does concrete had been wanting this rifle in the worst way and wanted to trade me out for some work. I was considering it as I want a couple new customs to shoot eggs with and 1K stuff. After shooting these groups he looks at me and says, “Well, I guess I’ll be paid by check now huh”? I said yup /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. I learned 2 things
    1) Anything other than Lapua brass is playing catch up.
    2) Chris did one hell of a Great job!
    Oh yeah, I greeted the lands w/a gentle good morning kiss /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    Here's a 5-shot group w/210 Berger's at 350 yds and of course I yanked one but not too bad [​IMG]

Here's a 3-shot group at 350yds w/178 gr A-Max's [​IMG]
    Here's another 3 shot group w/the A-Max's
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/SonofSouth/OleOneHole014.jpg

2. D.P.

D.P. Well-Known Member

CrossHare
    great shooting!
    If you still want to sell it, you must have bumped your head /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif what load powder etc.

3. Michael Eichele

Michael Eichele Well-Known Member

You gotta love those AMAX's!!!

4. Guest

Guest Guest

cross hare

e-mail me

wyowhisper (at ) a o l ( dot ) com

5. CrossHare

CrossHare Active Member

For the Berger's I used 71 grs of 4831SC, Lapua brass, Win Mag primers. For the A-Max's I used 72 grs of 4831 sc and fed 215 primers. Oh yeah, it loathes Lapua 187 gr scenars.
    [ QUOTE ]
    CrossHare
    great shooting!
    If you still want to sell it, you must have bumped your head /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif what load powder etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

6. sewwhat89

sewwhat89 Well-Known Member

I will have to wait a little while to get my Bergers in, but I hope my Sako 300WM will shoot groups 1/2 that good.

Have you shot anyother Bergers in that rifle? (Yes, I'm soliciting load data.)