LongShotRifles 300 Win Mag. A day at the range.

CrossHare

Well, I finally got a chance to try my hand at working up some custom loads for my LSR 300 Win Mag that I WAS selling, again, "WAS". I called Tim North at Broughton barrels to get some load tips and man was he ever on point. I have never reloaded before in my life so I was a little leery to say the least. I used Berger 210 VLD's and Hornady 178 gr.A-Max's and went directly to 350 yds as the weather was so nice I just couldn't resist. A friend of mine who does concrete had been wanting this rifle in the worst way and wanted to trade me out for some work. I was considering it as I want a couple new customs to shoot eggs with and 1K stuff. After shooting these groups he looks at me and says, "Well, I guess I'll be paid by check now huh"? I said yup /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. I learned 2 things
1) Anything other than Lapua brass is playing catch up.
2) Chris did one hell of a Great job!
Oh yeah, I greeted the lands w/a gentle good morning kiss /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Here's a 5-shot group w/210 Berger's at 350 yds and of course I yanked one but not too bad
OleOneHole010.jpg

Here's a 3-shot group at 350yds w/178 gr A-Max's
OleOneHole008.jpg

Here's another 3 shot group w/the A-Max's
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/SonofSouth/OleOneHole014.jpg

CrossHare
great shooting!
If you still want to sell it, you must have bumped your head /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif what load powder etc.

For the Berger's I used 71 grs of 4831SC, Lapua brass, Win Mag primers. For the A-Max's I used 72 grs of 4831 sc and fed 215 primers. Oh yeah, it loathes Lapua 187 gr scenars.
[ QUOTE ]
CrossHare
great shooting!
If you still want to sell it, you must have bumped your head /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif what load powder etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will have to wait a little while to get my Bergers in, but I hope my Sako 300WM will shoot groups 1/2 that good.

Have you shot anyother Bergers in that rifle? (Yes, I'm soliciting load data.)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.