.300 Win Mag die set ?

Dgd6mm

Last weekend I purchased a Savage FCP in .300 WM. This rifle will be used for banging steel and maybe a little hunting. What brand die set would be sufficient for this rifle for the duties that I have in mind for it? I always want to build accurate ammo but not sure that benchrest quality is needed.

I use RCBS and Redding both in the standard die and the bushing die set. Both produce the same neck tension and I can't tell the difference in one producing better accuracy than the other.

I use RCBS Standard Dies and the deer don't argue. Longest shot with the .300 WM was 314 yds. so far and no problem. I shoot a Ruger 77 and it shoots pretty good for a bone stock rifle with only a trigger adjustment. Have not used the Lee 4 die set or known any one who does.

I have used RCBS and Redding mostly (both standard and bushing) but my last purchase I bought some Hornady custom grade dies and am very impressed.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.