Sako TRG-42 .300 Win Mag

kono0014

Ok. I am new to this site but I have searched high and low with no real reviews of this gun. I have been following a lot of the conversations and there are very knowledgeable people on this site. Please let me know what you think of the Sako TRG-42. I am just starting out shooting 1000 yd and am debating about building up a Rem Sendaro SF .300 Win Mag or just buying the Sako. Any opinnions would be greatly appreciated.

Kono,
I have to say that I have never had a Sako but I have only heard good reports from the fella's that have. They seem to really shine as they come from the factory with pretty darn good accuracy. With that being said, I have to admit that I am a Remington fan (hardcore). I would have to shoot the two side by side to be convinced or converted I guess.
I owned a Sendero in .300 Mag at one time and why I traded it is beyond me. After the barrel break-in the rifle was a one-holer if I could hold it. I just shot it too much and developed a flinch and had to revert back to smaller calibers to get rid of it. I wish I still had it. I developed very accurate handloads with it in 150, 165, 168 and 180 gr Ballistic Tip and J4 (168) Comp. bullets and actually killed a few whitetails with it (one at a lazer ranged 435yds). The .300 Mag is right at home at that range and really just getting started. It is a good, accurate caliber and either rifle will probably do the caliber justice. Good luck, Johnny K.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.