sako trg 42

MMM

Hi,I have a sako trg 42 lapau. And i have a problem with the bullits in the clip. the ends of the bullet are getting damage after each round is fired. I was hoping that someone could help me fix the problem.Any input!
confused.gif

Usually the tips do get damaged once you fire them, either into a safe back stop or an animal.
grin.gif
JK

USe polymer tipped bullets(i.e.BT's or Accubonds). Sounds like the recoil is slamming your lead tipped bullets into the front of the magazine. McMillan has an ingenious fix for their 50 caliber magazines in which there is a groove for the rim to ride on that keeps the bullets from slamming forward on recoil.

MMM ,
Common problem with heavy kickers . May want to get a rail soldered into the mag box on either side immediately ahead of the point where the shoulder of the case sits . This stops the cases sliding forward under recoil .

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.