Long range hunting rifle - what do you use?

Hello Rimfire this is not .338 Hart.Getting
around 3150fps avg. with the 250 and have gone over 3000 fps with the 300.If you will give me your address I will send you all I and a friend have worked up on this round.We
have tested 7 different bullets to date.

Sniper2,
How does the 338/300RUM fit in your magazine? Where did you procure the dies?
Curious since I've been pondering ordering the same caliber barrel from Pac-Nor.

Ronnie

I shoot my rifle as a single shot.With a little work you can have a repeater,700 actions work well two of my friends have them.This is a really effecient case to work with and easy to headspace.I love the figures it puts on the chronograph and the
ballistics programs!If I were you I would even get the A.I. version.

SNIPER2 I'M AT 2740 FPS W/ 300 GR. MKHP IN .338 X .378. 110 GRS H 5010 LIGHT COMPRESSION, OAL 3.8" TO FEED FROM WELL. NO SIGN OF PRESSURE, SUB MOA, BUT WOULD LIKE MORE SPEED. THIS BULLET WILL ENGRAVE AT 4.115" OAL. WOULDN'T MIND GOING OUT TO 4.000" AND SINGLE LOADING. THE 215M'S HAVE HARD CUPS SO I REALLY WATCH FOR PRESSURE. ANY IDEAS ON SPEEDING UP? THANKS !

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.