Long hex wrench

Firewater

I recently acquired a Sauer 200 bolt rifle but not its tool kit. In order to take off the forearm I need about a 9-10in long 4mm hex wrench. Sauer has some coming but not until Feb. Anyone have an idea where I could find one? The longest I see are 6in with t handles. thx

I recently acquired a Sauer 200 bolt rifle but not its tool kit. In order to take off the forearm I need about a 9-10in long 4mm hex wrench. Sauer has some coming but not until Feb. Anyone have an idea where I could find one? The longest I see are 6in with t handles. thx
Home depot >>>https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools-4-mm-Hex-Journeyman-9-in-T-Handle-JTH9M4/301047893

Amazon >>> Amazon product ASIN B07WKV6KZ5
NOTE: I like @WapitiBob's recommendation better though; it is made in the USA.

Last edited:
wow thx! yeah well Sauer told me 10in so to be safe better get the longest one with best tip. If I stripped that tip wold have to saw off the fore end!

I was going to say if you had a welder you can make on, but for $8 from Amazon a no brainer.

Fir insurance i'm going with the more expensive made in usa version!
Before you order anything can I please set you straight on what you need?
The hex wrench you require is 5mm not 4mm and the one that Sauer supplies is very nearly 11" long with a 5mm female socket on one end. A separate 90° 5mm hex wrench is inserted into the female end to undo the bolt that holds the forend on. Also in the kit is a 90° 4mm hex wrench which is used to undo the 3 retaining bolts that allow you to remove the barrel from the receiver. I don't believe the one that WapitiBob suggested will fit into your forend even if it was 5mm.
Please see the photo of my Sauer supplied tools. I hope this helps.
20211225_115315.jpg

Before you order anything can I please set you straight on what you need?
The hex wrench you require is 5mm not 4mm and the one that Sauer supplies is very nearly 11" long with a 5mm female socket on one end. A separate 90° 5mm hex wrench is inserted into the female end to undo the bolt that holds the forend on. Also in the kit is a 90° 4mm hex wrench which is used to undo the 3 retaining bolts that allow you to remove the barrel from the receiver. I don't believe the one that WapitiBob suggested will fit into your forend even if it was 5mm.
Please see the photo of my Sauer supplied tools. I hope this helps.
View attachment 323593

Yikes. I emailed Blaser and their gunsmith replied promptly and told me I would need a 10in 4mm hex. Thats for the 200 model. Is that what you have? I cant see down in there. sounds like the gunsmith didnt realize there were 2 diff sizes needed. is the butt stock bolt also 5mm. assume so.

Last edited:
Yikes. I emailed Blaser and their gunsmith replied promptly and told me I would need a 10in 4mm hex. Thats for the 200 model. Is that what you have? I cant see down in there. sounds like the gunsmith didnt realize there were 2 diff sizes needed. is the butt stock bolt also 5mm. assume so.
The hex wrench in the photo is for one of my Sauer 202 rifles and the only difference between your 200 and a 202 is in the trigger assembly and the safety catch. Yes the butt stock is also 5mm and the same wrench is used for both. I am not surprised that the Blaser gunsmith didn't know much about your Sauer 200 considering they were replaced by the 202 in 1993/1994.
You should find that the hole in the end of the forend where the hex wrench slides in is 15/64" diameter and a 1/4" rod or drill bit wont slide in.
By the way the red plastic covering on the hex wench in the photo prevents it from marking the barrel as you undo the forend bolt.

I didn't look for the exact version the OP is looking for, but these are the best line of tools-

Recent Posts